*NO EYE OINTMENT
*NO HEP B SHOT
The Howard Family Birth Plan
Mother-to-be: Jessica Howard
Husband/Coach: Stephen Howard
Support Person(s): Our Moms & Debbra Hunt(Doula)
Due Date: 03/18/2011
Practitioner: Irene Feaver(OB/GYN) Bernard Hunt(Regular Doctor)
Place of Birth: Doctors Hospital
This birth plan is intended to express the preference and desires we have for the birth of our baby. We fully realize that situations may arise such that our plan cannot and should not be followed. However, we hope that barring any extenuating circumstances, you will be able to keep us informed and aware of our options.
First Stage (Labor):
*NO IV, just a port so I can move freely
* Dim Lights.
* Peace and Quiet.
* PLEASE keep vaginal exams to a minimum.
* Maintain mobility (Walking, rocking, up to bathroom, etc.)
* Eat and drink to comfort.
*Sip of water after every contraction to stay hydrated.
* Intermittent Monitoring (ACOG Standards) with an external monitor.
* PLEASE DO NOT offer me ANY form of pain medications.
* Relaxation techniques (breathing, focusing, etc.).
* Positioning as desired.
* Water (Shower or Tub).
* Heat or Cold packs.
* Massage (back, foot, counter pressure, etc.).
* I would prefer to use natural methods to start labor. No inducing unless Mother and/or baby are at risk.
* I would prefer to walk to speed labor.
*Please do not break my water
Second Stage (Birth):
* Choice of position
* Spontaneous Bearing Down, push to comfort
* Birth/Squat Bar
* I would prefer to tear than have an episiotomy, but please use compresses, massage and positioning.
* Delay the cord cutting until stops pulsating.
* Prefer partner to cut the cord.
* NO eye medication
* Breast feeding only and immediately after birth
* No separation of Mother & Baby
* Spinal/epidural anesthesia
* Husband present
*Husband to announce sex of baby
* Video/Pictures taken
* Free one hand to touch the baby
* Partner to cut the cord
* Breast feeding in recovery room
* Breast feeding as soon as possible
* Unlimited visitation for parents
* Handling the baby (Kangaroo care, holding, care of, etc.)
* If the baby is transported to another facility, move us as soon as possible