Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Daily Devotional

I came across this verse this morning and it really got me thinking....

Come close to God and He will come close to you. Recognize that you are sinners, get your soiled hands clean; realize that you have been disloyal; wavering individuals with divided interests, and purify your hearts of your spiritual adultery. - James 4:8

Our number one priority, should be drawing closer to Christ. Being a mom and a wife, I get so wrapped up in life and my family that it seems like lately the only alone time I spend with Christ is bedtime prayers. I hate that. I am challenging myself to look into God's word everyday. Spend at least 10 minutes with Him and only Him. All this wonderful stuff I LOVE is GREAT things, don't get me wrong but I need to realize I wouldn't have these things if it wasn't for my Savior. I pray everyday the Lord helps me LOVE HIM more than I love my blessings. We always need to be humble when we approach God's throne. We are sinners, even though we are saved. We all mess up. We all make mistakes. But we need to ask for forgiveness each and everyday. We should always keep our hearts and our minds pure on things above. That should be our number ONE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment