Monday, July 18, 2011

Taking Life for Granted

The past couple days, I have been following a blog of a sweet family who just recently lost their sweet little 8 month old to a brain tumor. How devastating it must be. Tears were just rolling down my face reading it. People ask me, how on earth I can stand reading stuff like that but I felt I needed to. This sweet family has been in my prayers on a daily basis. Also, it made me realize how to not take ANYTHING special in your life for granted. It's no easy to get caught up in just a day to day routine where everyday seems like the rest, but we need to realize how special our blessings are. And to thank God for them every chance you get. I look at my sweet daughter, and I feel so overwhelmingly blessed. I thank the Lord for her health and protection several times a day. I trust in the Lord, for His watch and care for our sweet Tynlee. But as a mother, it gets overwhelming at times and you fear anything ever happening to them because you love them so much and can't imagine your life without them in it. You are their protector in this life.

Life is so temporary. Every child of God will go to Heaven and I believe we will be with our loved ones again. Life is so incrediblily short. So I encourage you to spend a little extra time today holding your baby. Forget the laundry, the dishes, the dusting, for one day and just love on your sweetie. Thank God for His blessing.

After reading that blog, all I did was hold my daughter and just cry. Cry because I hurt for that family even though I know that little boy is in no more pain and better off than us, we are still human and when you lose someone, you still long for them to be here. I just held Tynlee and prayed to God, prayed for his health and protection.

Love on your baby and pray for your baby. It's the best thing you can do for them. Take extra time to enjoy them today and everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment