Thursday, July 28, 2011

Thursday Devotional

Romans 1:16 
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes.

Have you ever been embarassed to share your faith with someone who doesn't know the Lord? I mean, we all have at times. Not because we are ashamed, but because we are nervous about what they might think of us.
We need to ask the Lord for courage and the desire to witness. God calls us to tell others about Him. Why wouldn't we want to share ETERNAL LIFE with them??? It's the GREATEST thing that's ever happened to US!
We sometimes can make salvation so difficult, but if the Lord says "Believe on me and you will be saved," he MEANS it.
it's that simple.

I encourage you to NEVER miss the opportunity the Lord gives you to witness to others. It could be there only time they ever hear the gospel. I guarentee, they will remember what you said even if there is no instant "reaction" or change.

2 comments:

  1. God works in mysterious ways! What wr may intend to share with someone God intended it for someone else! Prime example at the restaurant with a good friend and we talked about how God moves in our circumstances- while my friend meant to encourage me, God meant for someone else to hear His message through her that the guy came up to us after lunch to tell us about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...so true!!!!! Thanks for sharing that with me!! I can already tell I'm going to love you! Another sister in Christ!! Yay!! :D

    ReplyDelete