Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Devotional

As I stated in my last post, this past weekend was spend at a church association meeting in Riverside. A church association meeting consists of our churches in the Old State work join together(as much as can be there), and we get to hear most of the pastors and preaches speak. Sometimes we handle business but it is mostly a great time of fellowship and preaching of the word. So when I say "meeting", it's more so a church service for 3 days. I absolutely LOVE it. 

Well the topic of this association was Obedient Living. It got me thinking, am I living my life with as much compassion, zeal, prayer, faithfulness, and love that I can?
I don't like the thought of being a Sunday christian. I mean, I don't believe I am. I am not ashamed of the way I live my life and I really don't have anything to hide. I feel I have a strong relationship with Christ but still, am I doing enough? 
How many times a day am I really setting aside to prayer to Him?
How much am I witnessing?
It really got me thinking, even though I go to church twice on Sunday and once on Wednesday night makes me a faithful church member but living my life according to the scriptures the other days as well is faithfulness to Christ. We can all say we love the Lord, but how are you showing it? 
I encourage everyone to take a step back and see what more you can do for the Lord :)


1 comment:

  1. thank for this. Tonight I was actually reflecting of my own walk with God and this helped!
    xox

    ReplyDelete