Saturday, August 13, 2011

Happy 3 Year Anniversary to Us!

Well, we had a FABULOUS, fantastic, WONDERFUL, romantic, RELAXING weekend in Monterey.
 
I didn't want it to end!  

To start it off, we were just going to go for the day on Saturday, but I got a sweet call from my "lance romance" hubby on Thursday afternoon telling me he booked us a night at the Marriot for Friday night! What a sweetie!!! We got to head out Friday around 11:30am. It took us about 2.5 hours to get there with a little stop at Taco Bell and Casa De' Fruita(we always stop there!). We got to our hotel and it was beautiful. So clean, so nice, and a 4 star! Way to go baba' :) 

After we got all un-packed, we headed down to the Wharf and to Cannery Row. We ate at Bubba Gumps! Love that place :) It's so fun and makes us always want to watch Forrest Gump! We then walked and walked to Peet's coffee then sat and listened to this great band outside a beautiful hotel right on the beach. It was great, just us 3 laughing and taking LOTS of pictures! 

Then we headed down to the beach, we were the ONLY ones there. It was so nice and quiet. Just us and the seagles ;) The walk back to our car was so great. There was NO ONE. I've never been to Monterey when there hasn't been a million people walking down the street with you.  

We stopped at the yummy candy store on our way back to our hotel. 

(I got SOOO spoiled ;))

My wonderful hubby let me take a nice long bath! It was soooo nice! Then we cuddled up and watched a movie. Woke up and ate a great breakfast then headed to the Aquarium...Man, it wasn't as good as I thought it was going to be. You think for $30 a ticket, it would be GREAT but it was just OKAY. Maybe I am just saying that because there were a million billion people in there. People EVERYWHERE. We could BARELY walk. seriously. It was CRAZY!!!! But we still had fun!!!! Tynlee LOVED looking at the fish, she kept trying to grab them! It was adorable!

We then ate a late lunch at the Fish Hopper, which was delicious. We then walked some more then took a nice drive around the ocean and all the cute little homes. We parked ourselves and layed our blanket out on the beach sand for a while. Tynlee loved that too. Stephen took a short nap then we were off. Time to go home... :(

We had a GREAT time!! The BEST time!! Can't wait to go back!!















Thanks to my romantic hubby for the great surprise!!!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, how fun, I'm glad you had such a great time!! Love the pictures!! Lance romance...that's awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to blogging and a new follower of yours, so I just thought I'd say hi! :) You have such a beautiful little family, and I love your inspirational story! And happy (belated) anniversary! :)

    ReplyDelete