Thursday, August 11, 2011

Thursday Devotional

Since it IS our anniversary weekend...I have decided to do this week's devotional on

"LOVE"

Matthew 5:43-44

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemies.' But I say to you, 'Love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.' "


It is EASY(most of the time) to LOVE those who also love us like our parents, our spouse, our siblings, our children, etc. But isn't it rather hard to LOVE those or like those for that matter, who you don't agree with, aren't like at all, who do bad things and make bad choices, or just FLAT OUT annoy you??

We aren't called to "like" everyone we meet, but we are called to LOVE them. Christ loved us right? Sinners, left to die. He showed mercy on our selfseeking souls. We are called to love everyone even if we don't agree with what they do or what they are doing. We don't have to accept what they do either, we are only called to love and pray for them!!

 Thankfully God allows us to CHOOSE our spouse and CHOOSE our friends because that would be super hard if that had to be chosen for you.

I have had PLENTY of people do me wrong in my life. Go behind my back, spread rumors, say lies about me, curse me, say hurtful things, be fake or just plain RUDE. but hey, I'm sure I've done MANY people wrong to.

With all that being said....let's just LOVE one another!!

OKAY???

xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful post, and something people need to hear and think about every day! Thanks for reminding us!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! and you know, one of the best forms of love, in my opinion, is praying for those who afflict you! :)

    ReplyDelete