Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Another week....Another change!

So I am happy to say, Tynlee slept in her crib last night for the first time. Yes, I know, she's 8 months old, but I just wasn't ready yet. She was sleeping in her play pen in our room. I was ready and so was she to be in seperate rooms. Don't get me wrong, I slept terrible but it's great that I can see into her room directly and for those of you who know my house, it's VERY small and bedrooms are literally 3ft. away. BUT, I wasn't ready. So there :)

It went pretty well. She cried herself to sleep after almost 3 hours. I kept going in and putting her paci back in and her blanky, reassuring her that I was there and it was bedtime. I hope tonight is better. Her naps today have been in her crib and again, she cried herself to sleep for her 1st nap for about an hour. And right now, she's working on her 2nd nap. 

Also, she is pulling herself up on everything. We have had so many boo boo's since she's started moving. And I thought she wasn't a "risk taker" but boy, was I wrong?? She falls and gets right back up.





She's strong willed. As you can tell, crying herself to sleep for hours. She was full bellied. I made sure and gave her spinach and potatoes mixed with rice for dinner then a full belly of breast milk. She had a nice relaxing warm bath. book and prayers. Please don't think I'm a bad mom for letting her cry. IT WAS THE HARDEST THING I EVER HAD TO DO. I was in tears, literally. But it's what had to be done. 

She has always nursed to sleep...and it was getting to the point recently where she would wake up 5-8 times in the middle of the night, nurse for 2 minutes, then go back to sleep. We both weren't sleeping good. This "cry it out" is our only other option.

She is a trooper though and I am proud of her for doing so well her first night. She woke up 3 times. and I only rocked her ONCE. Yes, I shouldn't have. But I felt bad and I was exhausted.

So yeah, today I'm tired. But I know this will only be a few nights of torture and our whole house will be sleeping ALL night, I hope ;)

Oh and we had her 8 month pictures taken yesterday at the pumpkin patch! They turned out ADORABLE!! Can't wait to get them! She was a happy, smiley girl who LOVED the hay!

Here are some adorable pictures of her this week so far!



Tynlee's 1st time getting her toe nails painted...so girly :)





 I LOVE YOU BEAUTIFUL, TYNLEE :)

2 comments:

  1. she is so precious!! she has just the cutest clothes ever!!! love reading about how things are going!! 8 months seems to bring a whole lot of firsts for my little one!

    ReplyDelete