Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Our 4th Wedding Anniversary!!

4 years?!?!?!?

I remember that warm, beautiful, sunny August evening like it was yesterday. My face STILL hurts from smiling so much that day! (just kidding)
But really, time has flown by. Even though it feels like I've been his girl forever.
That day four years ago, was the best day of my life.
I will never forget Stephen's face when he first saw me walking down the aisle.
He was SO adorable. We kept our eyes glued to one another.
It was such a perfect day knowing we were finally going to be able to be husband and wife 
and be intimate, FINALLY!!
I've known Stephen since I was 11, when my sister married his cousin. 
Confusing, I know.
 But NO, we aren't related ;)
He is 5 years older than me so obviously, not interested.
But I SURE WAS!! 
hahaha!
Anyways, we reunited when I was 18, in November 2007 after he moved home from southern California.
We got engaged Valentine's Day 2008 and married 8.8.08 :)
So we do things QUICK style around here!
And that was the LONGEST 6 months "waiting" of my life.
But it was all worth it to finally be "ONE" on our wedding night since we saved it for marriage between us. 
It was special. and our marriage STILL is.


He still gives me that pounding feeling in my chest and the "gitty" feeling when he tells me he loves me.
We still have so much fun together and we are really starting to know what each other is thinking before we say it.
We've been through some good, some bad, some peaceful, some stressful, some ugly, some BEAUTIFUL, some happy and some sad times but every single one.....
we've been through TOGETHER.
With Christ the center of our lives, our marriage and our home, we can get through ANYTHING life throws at us even if at the time, we feel it's going to be impossible.
We were just talking the other day, and I asked him what his favorite year was so far?
He said this one because we have faced some CRAZY challenges but we've also grown the most and grown closer as husband and wife.
I agree.
I love how Stephen and I just click.
Like salt and pepper ;)
When he grabs my hand, I still get all warm and fuzzy inside.
4 years of marriage and 2 BEAUTIFUL girls together.
They are a little piece of me and a little piece of him, symbolizing our ONENESS
and our love for one another.
What more could I ask for ?
BESIDES MANY MORE YEARS TOGETHER.
We are SO blessed to have eachother.
This is REAL love.
and it's a LOVE that I know can last a lifetime.
Our Honeymoon

Married ONE year!

Married TWO years!

Married THREE years!

I find him even hotter now that he's a dad.
Watching him interact with Tynlee & Anistyn just completely gets me EVERY SINGLE TIME.
I know all you wives can agree!
I love knowing that whatever I'm going through, he will be right there by my side. Not infront of me and not behind me, but BY MY SIDE.
He is my protector and I know he would do anything to keep me and the girls safe.
He is my provider, and he is why I get to stay home and raise my babies.
He is my soul mate, I know God was thinking of me when he made him.
He is my cuddle bug, I get to lay  my head on his chest every night and wake up to his "morning breath" every morning ;) What a treat!! bahahahaha!
It's the simple things he does for me like have the coffee ready for me when I wake up even though it means he wakes up 5 minutes early...seriously, what a sweetheart!
He starts my shower for me so it's nice and warm when I get in.
He vacuums and does dishes EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!
He sends me a random "Your beautiful and I love you" text everyday!
He sends cute love songs to my email.
He knows what to say when I'm feeling down.
I should probably stop, because you might fall in love with him too ;)

All I can say is, I am the most blessed girl to be married to Stephen Roy.

I truly believe in God's design for marriage.
ONE MAN and ONE WOMAN.
No ifs, ands, or buts.
It's plain and clear in the Bible.
When I said "I do" to Stephen, I was making a promise to him and a covenant to God that I would LOVE and be married to Stephen till the day I die.
See, celebrities have this view that "Hey, if it doesn't work out in 5 years, big deal, we can get a divorce."
But it IS a big deal...
His two institutions are church and family.
So obviously those are VERY important to Him.
Marriage should be for a LIFETIME. That's what it was made for.
I have no fear of being married to one man my whole life. To me, that's how it's supposed to be and that's EXACTLY what I want.
Marriage IS beautiful.
It's not all about making yourself happy and content either. It's having a servant, Christ like attitude. And trust me, when you get that, your marriage will be MUCH better. 
I know i've only been married 4 years, but I have great examples in my life and I know how marriage should work.
Both grandparents married for 60 years and both sets of parents over 35 years. 
We want to do nothing but honor and serve Him in our home for our whole lives.

What a blessing it is to have such a Godly, preacher, of a husband that I know LOVES Christ even more than he loves me....He's a KEEPER!!

DATE NIGHT tonight and Monterey this weekend!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment