Monday, September 10, 2012

Show and Tell: Baby Talk


Linking Up with Becky at From Mrs. To Mama for her weekly link up, Show and Tell.  This week is All About Babies!


1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)

Boys: Porter(my maiden name), Lincoln, Graham, Tatum & Titus

Girls: Tynlee, Anistyn, Paisley, Brynna, Brynn


2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}

Boy Nursery Boy Nursery Boy NurseryCute colorsGirls nurseryLove this.love these colorsnursery, #nursery



  
3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?

Well, we wanted 6...but I think God has other plans for us. I think we have decided on 3 maybe 4. Right now, we are completely content with our 2 daughters and my husband said he would be fine if we stopped now. But I'm personally, not ready yet. Even though, being pregnant is hard for me, I still LOVE being pregnant(besides the throwing up!). I'm only 23 and making things final, is out of the question right now. I do have pretty rough pregnancies with high blood pressure, low platelets and pre term labor but it's ALL worth it in the end. I want to be healthy for the two children I have though, so we have decided to pray about number 3 and the timing of it all. I know people have their own opinions like we should stop and not have anymore but that really is for us to decide. We definitely are not even thinking about getting pregnant till Anistyn is at least 18 months but we will see...I know things can change but I want to do my best to be as healthy as I can be before trying for baby #3. Plus, I have had to have emergency c-sections both times, and I really don't want to have more than 4 of them due to scar tissue etc. Hopefully, I will get my VBAC next time but if not, that's okay too because I heal WONDERFULLY after csections. (they really aren't that bad or scary like most woman think!)


4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?

Very powerful. What mom doesn't need to hear this?

This is a question that has MANY answers. 

*But I know in our home, the absolute most important thing you can teach your child is to love God with everything they have, to honor Him, & desire to serve Him all the days of their lives. Even now, we read the bible to our daughters, pray with them, bring them to church and have them sit "quietly" with us, and most importantly, we try to be the godly parents God has called us to be. The best example we can be to them is showing them we love the Lord in our daily lives. 

perfect.

*Kiss them and tell them you love them every chance you can

*When in doubt, choose the kids..there will be plenty of time for work later

*Be consistent in disciplining them and just in life

*Show affection towards your spouse in front of them

*Give them responsibilities...Teach them to serve rather than being served



5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}

Tynlee Anne





 Anistyn Reese



6.  Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}


I promised to never let my child sleep in our bed...I have NOT stickin' to it because I think there are some nights that call for it...like sick or just want some extra cuddles..It doesn't take away from mommy & daddy time and it's special sometimes for us to do that. The night before I had Anistyn(we didn't know it), we put Tynlee in our bed and I don't regret it one bit cause it was the last night as a family of 3. 

I promised to never discipline my child in public(spank) but sometimes, you just have to. They forget so fast what they did wrong at this age that you need to be consistent wherever you go.



Don't forget to link up today!!


No comments:

Post a Comment