Friday, January 18, 2013

I will miss you, Grandma Bev.


 ~Grandma Bev~

Just yesterday, January 17, 2013 @ 11:59am... the most wonderful woman I've ever known, my Grandma Bev, passed from this life into Christ's arms as we sang "Farther Along" to her.......

t has been rough to say the least. Yes, I find comfort in knowing she's with Him in eternity but boy, do I want her here!? She was truly the best example I could give of a Virtuous(Proverbs 31) woman. She had such a selfless, servants heart, always putting others above her own. ALWAYS.

Grandma was the first super close person to pass away in my life.....

Grandma and Tynlee


She made each of her children, grandchildren, great grandchildren and even those who weren't family feel LOVED. She had so much love to give. And she made each of us feel like the "favorite" even though she treated us all the same. She would get our birthday card signed and sealed at least a month before our birthdays. 

                                       

She always took the time to teach me how to cook or bake when I wanted to...I was blessed to learn how to make her delicious strawberry jam, fried chicken and fudge...There is still way  more I wanted to learn but I will now just indulge myself in her priceless recipe books.

She loved her family. Grandma was LOVE. She always welcomed you into her home with open arms and a beautiful smile that could light up a gloomy day.

I'm going to miss her elaborate Thanksgiving dinner, her pinching my cheeks, her coconut cream and butterscotch pies, her doing the jitterbug with Grandpa in the living room...I remember when she got me and my cousin ready for our first dance in 5th grade, and when she would let us stay the night whenever we wanted and make us the most comfy pallet on the floor, and she would take us on dates to Latif's restaurant and get us a strawberry shake, and even took us on several trips in the motorhome. 

                                   

I'm gong to miss her everyday...but I want to take the wonderful example she set before us and let it shine through me so my girls will know her and the amazing woman she was.

I thank God that she was my Grandma and that I had such a close relationship with her. I truly know, I had the best. She raised 4 boys and did such a wonderful job. Not only was she a wonderful homemaker, hard worker, cook, loving and super woman, she most importantly loved the Lord with all her heart. What an honor to be called her Granddaughter.

My sweet grandpa and her were married 63 years!!! What a huge testimony of love...watching him beside her bedside this week, barely leaving her side, holding her hand, telling her how much he loves her, was so moving and so beautiful. I will cherish that forever......

Married 63 years, she had 4 sons, 13 grandchildren, and 34 great-grandchildren and counting....

The world will never be the same but we rest knowing we all be together again and she is in no more pain...she has a perfect body...and we will sit around Christ's table someday and Grandma will come out with a huge plate of fried chicken....

I love my Grandma Bev and I'm certain my girls will love her memory too.....

                                         

We always left her house with our hearts filled with LOVE and our bellies full with good FOOD.

I'll see you soon on that happy golden shore......

No comments:

Post a Comment